Join other students from around the globe as you study for one semester or one year at the University of Arkansas. Enjoy all the benefits of earning academic credits from a top-ranked United States university in one of the safest, friendliest cities in America.
Fall: April 15
Spring: October 15
Please fill out the Application for International Visiting Students.
Early submission is strongly encouraged.
The International Visiting Student Program assists international undergraduate students to study abroad at the University of Arkansas for one semester or one year. Any student currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at their home university is welcome to apply. Visiting students are allowed to select a full course of study that fits their own major or field of interest. Upon successful completion of each semester, course credit will be available for transfer back to the students' home institutions.
How to Apply for the Program
Please view the Application Process page for detailed information.
Programs and Services
- Online pre-departure orientation sessions
- Pre-arranged/reserved resident hall or apartment living accommodations through the University Housing Office
- Consultation during course selection and advanced registration
During Your Study Abroad
- Access to more than 200 programs of study, from history to engineering, from drama to geosciences, from accounting to logistics, from animal science to landscape architecture, and everything in between
- Arrival assistance from the airport and temporary housing arrangement
- Social opportunities and extracurricular activities to experience life outside the classroom
- Leadership/strengths analysis and a debriefing on how best to use these traits
- Help to develop your academic performance through the use of our Enhanced Learning Center, University Libraries and study groups
- Opportunities to participate in at least two educational field trips each semester
- Encouragement to participate in the Friendship Family Program, Conversation Club, the International Cultural Team, and regional cultural festivals.
- Access to over 300 student organizations related to your hobbies and interests
- Membership to the campus fitness center, including an indoor climbing wall, sports courts, training rooms, and an indoor Olympic-size pool
- Access to the natural beauty of Arkansas: State Parks, the Ozark National Forest, and the Buffalo Na- tional River are right next door
Upon Completion Of The Program
- End of Semester Lunch and Departure Program
- Certificate of Completion
- Awards given to outstanding Visiting Students
- Final transcript mailed to home institution for credit transfer
- Access to our alumni resources so you can always keep your connection with the U of A!
Current Partner Institutions
Students from our current partner institutions are invited to apply using the deeply discounted tuition rates reserved especially for them.
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Kwangwoon University
- Sogang University
- Study Abroad Foundation
A complete list of network institutions included in the Study Abroad Foundation can be found at their website: studyabroadfoundation.org.
Visiting Student Program Contact Information
104 Holcombe Hall, 1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701 USA