International Education Catastrophic Fund Application
The International Education Catastrophic Fund was established to provide:
Need-based assistance to undergraduate and graduate international students with an unforeseen financial emergency beyond their control that hinders their ability to continue enrollment at the University of Arkansas.
To be eligible for consideration, international students must:
- Be a full-time student in the semester for which the funds are requested.
- Be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have experienced unexpected or unanticipated financial emergencies that put the student’s education at risk.
This fund cannot be used to pay tuition or fees.
This fund does not prepay expenses. Applicants must submit receipts demonstrating payment for the emergency (e.g., dental bill, vehicle repair). For medical procedures, please submit the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) provided by the insurance company).
Funding is limited and when funds are exhausted, awards are not made. First-time students are priorized over students who have already received awards. (A maximum of two awards may be granted during a student’s tenure in Graduate School.)
Students who have received financial aid funds equivalent to the cost of attendance are not allowed to receive additional support and are not eligible for these awards.
Students cannot receive an award from both the Needy Family Graduate Student Emergency Fund and the International Student Emergency Fund.
- Complete the online application below and and upload the necessary supporting documents as described above.
- A committee reviews each application and makes a recommendation to approve or deny the award request. Decisions by the committee are final.
- A typical award will not exceed $250.
- The student will be notified by the committee of the award decision.
- If approved, the recipient will be notified of payment instructions.
- The student’s personal information and circumstances will remain confidential throughout the process unless the student permits their name to be used in publicity about the fund.
Depending on the time of year, processing of the award may take two weeks to a month.