Permanent Residents

Permanent Residence Process

The University of Arkansas will sponsor employment based petitions for permanent residence for full-time, permanently employed faculty, administrators and staff.  In most cases, the University must prepare and file the petition.  However, in some rare cases, the department may gain permission from the University's General Counsel's office to hire an attorney to represent the  university to prepare the petition.  Under NO circumstance may the employee secure outside counsel to represent the university in a permanent resident petition.

The following pages will explain the University of Arkansas's process for Labor Certification and Outstanding Researcher.  There is also a section on additional pathways to permanent residence that does not require the University of Arkansas to petition for the employee.